St Paul's School
|School Name:||St Paul's School|
|Location:||Lonsdale Road, Barnes London, SW13 9JT United Kingdom|
|Year Group:||Year 7 - Year 13|
|No. of Students:||899|
|No. of Boarders:||21|
A large sports hall, gymnasium, dojo, fencing salle, 25m swimming pool, 6 fi ves courts, a rackets court, three squash courts, a fitness centre, a 100m sprint straight and ten tennis courts. There is also a large boathouse, and extensive playing fi elds which consist of 11 football or rugby pitches during the winter months, or seven cricket pitches during the summer months.
|Sixth Form Entry Requirement:
Six A/A* grades at GCSE or its equivalent.
Music, Drama, Visual Art, Sport, Activites
Lonsdale Road, London SW13 9JT, United Kingdom
+44 (0) 20 8748 9162
- Boys' independent school, located on a 42-acre(170,000 m2)
- One of the leading academic schools in the national league tables of GCSE and A level performance.
- Top schools in the arts and sport.
- Tutoring system is the school’s strengths.
- The tutor meets with the boy’s parents the summer term, at the start of the new academic year.
- Each tutor has about three boys from each year group and gives each of them individual help and direction throughout their school lives.
- Younger boys allies with older boys learn how best to pass on their experience.
- In 2012, 62 leavers received offers from Oxford and Cambridge, representing a third of the year group. At A level, 89.0% of the grades were A* or A. Also in 2011, at GCSE level, 79.1% of grades were A*, and 96.6% were A* or A.
- Two years before entry.
- Interview - a 20 minute conversation.
- Parents will have the chance to speak to a senior member of staff.
- Full boarding, weekly boarding (Sunday evening– Friday afternoon) and fl exi-boarding.
- The housemaster lives in accommodation linked to the boarders’ quarters.
- Three house tutors and a matron.
- Individual study-bedrooms with internet (wireless) access.
- A large common room, a library, a computer room and a music practice room.
- The school’s sports and music facilities are available to boarders in the evenings.
- Easy access to the full range of extracurricular activities that run after school and in the evenings.
- Core Subjects at GCSE: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English Language, English Literature, Mathematics
- Options for GCSE: Ancient History, Art & Design, Drama, French, Geography, German, Greek, History, Italian, Latin, Music, Religious Studies, Russian, Spanish, Technology (Electronics, Systems & Control, Resistant Materials)
GCE AL Subject Choice
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English Language, English Literature, Mathematics
- Options: Computing, Economics, Further Maths, Politics, Theatre Studies and a range of Extended Projects
- Ancient History, Art & Design, Drama, French, Geography, German, Greek, History, Italian, Latin, Music, Religious Studies, Russian, Spanish, Technology (Electronics, Systems & Control, Resistant Materials)
2012/13 Boarding Fees# (GBP£) Per Term (3 Terms Per Year)
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition fees but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities