Tudor Hall School
|School Name:||Tudor Hall School|
|Location:||Wykham Park, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 9UR, United Kingdom|
|Religion:||Church of England|
|Motto:||Habeo ut dem (I have in order that I may give)|
|Year Group:||Year 6 - Year 13|
|No. of Students:||335|
|No. of Boarders:||250|
Common Entrance Examination (UK)
|Sixth Form Entry Requirement:
Sixth-form entrance, 5 GCSEs required (at least grade B in sixth-form subjects)
There is an impressive range of clubs and societies, including a Young Enterprise company. Public speaking is strong. The Duke of Edinburgh's Award Scheme is popular and
Wykham Park, Banbury OX16 9UR, United Kingdom
+44 (0) 1295 263434
- Founded in 1850 the school moved several times before settling at Wykham Park. It is housed in a 17th-century manor house, and also in a fi ne 18th-century house next door, set in beautiful gardens and parkland.
- Boarding accommodation and general facilities are excellent. Attention is given to religious education in the Anglican tradition.
- A large and well-qualifi ed staff permits a favourable staff: pupil ratio of 1:8. Academic standards are high and examination results very good.
- Much emphasis on music, with excellent facilities and an orchestra, choir and smaller musical groups. Facilities for sports and games are first class, and include squash courts, sports hall, astroturf for hockey in winter, tennis in summer, gym and a swimming pool. Polo and riding are available, as well as the standard range of sports and games.
- GCSE: 46 pupils in upper fi fth, passing an average of 9 subjects (98% including English, maths, a science, a humanity and a modern language). A-levels: 42 in upper sixth, all passing 3+ subjects.
- Pupils' destinations: 98% of sixth-form leavers go on to a degree course (60% after a gap year), 8% to Oxbridge. 6% take courses in medicine, dentistry and veterinary science, 15% in science and engineering, 60% in humanities and social sciences, 8% in art and design, 10% in other vocational subjects eg education, hospitality management, agriculture, physiotherapy, architecture.
- Please contact the Admission Offi ce directly by email, by post or visit the School website for latest information.
- Tudor Hall offers a full boarding programme. Over two thirds of pupils are boarders. New boarders are usually assigned an older girl to assist them with adjustment into boarding life. There are fulltime residential staff who live on-campus.
- Art, Art History, Biology, Chemistry, Classic, Design and Technology, Economics, English, Geography, History, Mathematics, Modern languages, Physics, Science school, Music, Theology
GCE AL Subject Choice
- Art and Design, Biology, Business Studies, Chemistry, Classical Civilisation, Drama and Theatre Studies, English Literature, French, Geography, German, History, Latin, Mathematics, Music, Physical Education (PE), Physics, Product Design, Psychology, Religious Studies and Sociology
2012/13 Boarding Fees# (GBP£) Per Term (3 Terms Per Year)
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition fees but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities