Headington School, Oxford
|School Name:||Headington School, Oxford|
|Location:||Headington Road, Oxford, OX3 0BL, England, United Kingdom|
|Religion:||Church of England|
|Year Group:||Pre-School - Year 13|
|No. of Students:||1018|
|No. of Boarders:||262|
60% at Common Entrance Examination (UK)
|Sixth Form Entry Requirement:
A Level or for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma - entrance exams in November.
Oxford, OX3 7TD, United Kingdom
+44 (0) 1865 759 100
- The school has embarked on a series of building projects in the past fi fteen years.
- Beginning with the Art Department, the professional-standard Theatre at Headington (2002), Napier Boarding House (2003), a large Dining Hall (2005), and most recently the new Music School, which opened in 2009.
- There are 23 acres of grounds and playing fi elds, tennis courts, swimming pool and a fl oodlit Astroturf pitch.
- The school also owns a boat club. It is one of the few schools in the country to offer equestrian facilities.
- The introduction of the International Baccalaurate as an alternative to A-levels in the Sixth Form.
- With more than 30 nationalities represented within the Senior School alone, Headington provides a genuinely international community.
- The Good Schools Guide (UK) called Headington "A delightful school, [which] nurtures and entertains its pupils while at the same time achieving excellent academic results. [It is] fun and stimulating to be at."
- Please contact the Admission Offi ce directly by email, by post or visit the School website for latest information.
- Headington offers both full-time, part-time or flex-boarding to girls aged 9 and above.
- Approximately one third of its pupils are boarders.
- The boarding houses provide a melting pot of infl uences from Europe, Africa, Asia and America.
- They are grouped by years and reside in four boarding houses.
- Davenport: U2 (Year 5) to U4 (Year 9)
- Hillstow: U4 to L6 (Year 12)
- Napier: L5 (Year 10) to L6
- Celia Marsh: L6 & U6 (Sixth Form)
- Art, Art History, Biology, Chemistry, Classic, Design and Technology, Economics, English, Geography, History, Mathematics, Modern languages, Physics, Science school, Music, Theology
GCE AL Subject Choice
- Art, Art History, Biology, Chemistry, Design Technology, Economics, English, French, Geography, German, Greek, History, Latin, Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Music, Philosophy & Theology, Physics, Russian, Spanish
2012/13 Boarding Fees# (GBP£) Per Term (3 Terms Per Year)
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition fees but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities