|School Name:||Clifton College|
|Location:||32 College Road, Bristol BS8 3JH, United Kingdom|
|Motto:||"Spiritus Intus Alit" / The spirit nourishes within|
|Year Group:||Nursery to Year 13|
|No. of Students:||1279|
|No. of Boarders:||480|
|Sixth Form Entry Requirement:
|Director of Admissions:
Mr. Simon Tait
32 College Road, Bristol BS8 3JH, United Kingdom
+44 (0)117 315 7109
- The College has a top 68% placing in A*/A GCSE grades (2012-2013) league tables and sent more pupils than ever to their first choice of Russell Group university. The College has achieved an outstanding Ofsted award (2009-2010). Excellent results are not only what the School strives for, but it places equal importance on personal growth and independence that will last a child ever.
- The College is made up of three schools; the Upper School, the Preparatory and Butcombe.
- The Upper School ( aged 13–18 Years) Pupils sit Common Entrance or the Common Scholarship examination in the summer term. The minimum average mark required for entry is 50%. Entry to the Sixth Form (Year 12) is conditional upon achieving 3 A and 3 B grades at GCSE (or its equivalent). Pupils wishing to join The Upper School in other years will be assessed by means of the School’s own testing procedures.
- The Preparatory School (aged 8–13 Years) Pupils will be assessed in English, Mathematics and Verbal Reasoning. The minimum standard normally required is the average national Standard Attainment Test level for the age group. Pupils who do not attain this level cannot be guaranteed a place in The Pre.
- Butcombe Pre-Preparatory School (aged 3–8 Years) Pupils will be informally assessed based upon a half-day visit, with an assessment of literacy and numeracy for entry to Reception and above and an appropriate balance of gender within the year group in accordance with the School’s stated aims.
- 11 Houses (7 boys - 4 boarding and 3 day houses) and (4 girls - 2 boarding and 2 day houses). Each Boarding House is home for 55–65 pupils during term-time. Most are full-time boarders involved in the School’s busy life for seven days a week. Each Day House is home of 60–75 girls or boys, all with excellent study and recreational facilities.
- Biology, Business and Economics, Art, Chemistry, Chinese, Classical Civilisation, Dance, English Language, English Literature, French, Geography, German, Greek, History, ICT, Japanese, Latin, Mathematics, Music, Religious Studies, Russian, Single Science, Additional Science, Spanish, Sports/PE Studies and Theatre Studies. Some subjects are at IGCSE.
- Art, Design, Theatre Studies, Economics, Business Studies, English, Geography, History, IT, Mathematics, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Mandarin, Latin, Greek, Music and Music Technology, History of Art, PE, Politics, Psychology, Religious Studies, Philosophy, Biology, Chemistry, Physics.
2012/13 Boarding Fees# (GBP£) Per Term (3 Terms Per Year)
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition fees but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities